I would definitely recommend them to my family and friends! Motorcyclists are being asked to wear proper protective gear and helmets as well as brighter clothing, so other drivers can spot them easily. Edinburg police officers are currently investigating a major crash on I-69 that left two dead, closed lanes and rerouted traffic, the Edinburg Police Department said on Facebook. Spell Jr. and 29-year-old Connie Sue Fontenot. He treated me like family from the start, made sure I had the best of the best healthcare even though I had no health insurance. Sitting at my dining room table, he listened with patience, then helped me work through my options. Experts attribute these accidents to speeding, distracted driving, failure to yield the right way, and improper driving patterns. (Godofredo A . A small plane clipped an 18-wheeler before making an emergency landing on a highway in Houston Sunday afternoon, according to the Harris County Sheriffs Office. Email notifications are only sent once a day, and only if there are new matching items. A crash on the citys Northwest Side left one person dead and another hospitalized after a driver ran a red light, according to San Antonio police. In a news release, DPS said Javier Cuellar died on July 4 at approximately 10:11 p.m. on La Homa Road just north of 5 Mile Line Road. A man is dead after being struck by an SUV on the citys West Side, according to San Antonio police. Officer Garen Bynum said police arrived on the scene . A 40-year-old man is dead and a woman critically injured after a motorcycle crash late Monday night. A black Chevrolet Camaro was traveling westbound on the highway when a Ford F-150 driving on the improved shoulder changed lanes. A friend recommended giving Jeff Benton a call. Dramatic video on social media shows a cargo train hurtling through the flames. Instead, seek further assistance from a legal or medical professional whenever necessary. I. Driver's Crash Report (Blue Form) - This report is completed by a driver involved in a traffic crash when the crash is not investigated by a law enforcement officer and apparent . Updated: Jul. San Antonio police are trying to find out what killed a woman whose body was found in the middle of a busy South Side street. Gregg County Pct. A New York jury found filmmaker Paul Haggis liable in a sexual assault case and ordered him to pay Haleigh Breest at least $7.5 million in damages. The KSAT 12 News Team provides a look at local, regional, statewide and national news events and the latest information on local traffic and weather issues. The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating an early morning crash on Thursday that left a man dead. Ever When the insurance companies didnt want to play nice, we hired the Benton Law Firm to clean up the mess. My attorney was Leon Kassab. Film director Paul Haggis is appearing in court in southern Italy amid a police investigation into a womans allegations he had sex with her without her consent over the course of two days. Most of the time the reason is negligence, especially if the accident occurs at an intersection. The impact caused the Ford to move onto the westbound lanes of SH 48.DPS said that a 2007 Chevrolet Malibu occupied only by a man driving it westbound then collided with the Ford, causing its driver to be ejected. I will refer everyone to The Benton Law Firm., After an armored vehicle crashed into my car I got the sense that I would need representation. The Oscars will air on ABC and can be streamed on ABC.com and the ABC app as well as Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV, AT&T TV or FuboTV. The road networks just going to get crazier and crazier.. The motorcycle was speeding when it rear-ended a vehicle about midnight in the 2500 block of Interstate 635, near Interstate 35E in northwest Dallas, police said. Motorcyclist Injured in Two-Vehicle Crash on FM 2812 and Carmen Avila Road Edinburg. These Valuable Pennies Are Worth Thousands, Texas House Plans to Pass Largest Property Tax Decrease Ever,' Speaker Phelan Says, Don't Push a Slower Friend Down' If You See a Bear, National Park Service Says. The following definitions are used by the Austin Police Department. Sitting at my dining room table, he listened with patience, then helped me work through my options. DPS say the crash involving a blue 2014 Toyota Camry occurred at around 2:52 p.m. on FM 1421 north of FM 1732 in Brownsville. The motorcycle was speeding when it rear-ended a vehicle . A number of citizens stopped to assist with medical care for the motorcyclist and, as long as he makes it, they could very well be the reason that he lives, Bynum said. The Benton Law Firm came as a recommendation from a friend and I couldnt be happier with their assistance in my case. People are always cutting each other off in traffic and, you know, in a car you might be able to slow down and stuff like that, but if youre on a bike, and you slow down, and someone rear-ends you, its a lot more serious. He said. A 40-year-old man is dead and a woman critically injured after a motorcycle crash late Monday night. However, the driver of the Nissan, who was later identified as 27-year-old Pamela Pena of Rio Grande City, died from her injuries after being transported to McAllen Medical Hospital. The following definitions are used by the Austin Police Department. It happened just after 6 p.m. Sunday near East Lancaster Avenue and Major Street. According to officers, the motorcyclist was. Judge OKs autopsy finding as testimony starts in retrial of ex-Waco day care owner, Olympic-winning pole vaulter, pastor Bob Richards dies at 97, Man ejected from motorcycle in Waco dies Saturday night, Big stage doesn't faze La Vega girls, who believe they're more than ready, Global race is on to improve EV range in the cold, Moscow reportedly threatened new parents in Ukraine: Register your newborns as Russian or else, The impact of climate change will be felt worse in these three U.S. cities, Scientists reveal hidden corridor in Great Pyramid of Giza. SAN BENITO Police said they are investigating a crash that killed a woman after she plunged her car into a drainage ditch. KXAN reached out to the Austin Police Department on Feb. 14 about the recent motorcycle crashes in Austin. The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating a fatal three-vehicle crash that happened after a driver tried to flee from police. DPS troopers investigate a two vehicle accident that left motorcyclist dead. DPS reported that a southbound Mazda SUV attempted to make a left-hand turn when it was struck by a Suzuki motorcycle occupied by the victim. Police investigate a motorcycle accident Tuesday at Waco Drive and North Sixth Street. The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating a fatal crash that happened on State Highway 48 Sunday night that left a man dead. Advertisement According to reports, Thompson was operating a motorcycle on Alligator Park Road in Starks, when for unknown reasons, the bike came into contact with a tree around 10 p.m. Saturday. They kept in contact and gave me detailed updates regarding my case. Thank you for everything!, The Benton Law Firm represented my case effectively and efficiently. If a driver does not slow down as a traffic light turns yellow and still attempts to speed through an intersection or make a left turn, they risk crashing into motorcyclists and leaving with them with extreme injuries. One person killed and one injured in pedestrian collision with hit-and-run driver on Holmes Street in Dallas, Texas. Police say they both crashed into the scene of a previous deadly crash. The Bexar County Medical Examiners Office has identified the two people killed in a 2-vehicle crash on citys Northwest Side on Tuesday afternoon. Mr. Benton was very professional, but genuinely empathetic, competent and most importantly, honest. No additional information about the crash was immediately available. The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating a one-vehicle crash involving a San Benito resident who died at the scene Saturday afternoon, according to a news release. The story of 12 students who integrated ATX schools, How to get to Q2 Stadium for 2023 Austin FC season, PHOTOS: Some of Austins most modern homes, Cities offer free tree, brush disposals post-storm, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Pecan Springs Rd / Manor Rd. A 23-year-old man is dead after a crash in Arlington involving a car and a motorcycle Saturday night, according to police. Brownsville fire and emergency services managed to extract Cuestas from the vehicle but the driver died at the scene, the release said. A woman is in critical condition after a crash on the citys Southwest Side, according to San Antonio police. Jameson pronounced the person who had been driving the motorcycle dead at the scene. SEE ALSO: Motorcyclist dies after crashing into 2 cars in different lanes on Highway 6, 'I need you to kill me': Alex Murdaugh's botched suicide attempt, Spring Woods HS athlete disciplined for training in sports bra: ACLU, Man, woman shot in grocery store parking lot in SE Houston, police say. The motorcycle appeared to have been traveling west on Waco Drive, and the sedan was traveling north on Sixth Street at the time of the collision, police said. News. Read More A driver was arrested for driving while intoxicated after they attempted to flee the scene of a rollover crash on the citys North East Side, said San Antonio police. People were friendly. (April 7, 2021)- One person was injured in a two-vehicle crash on April 5, 2021 in Edinburg, Texas. A Stafford man has died as the result of a motorcycle crash last week in the county, police said. A 2005 GMC Sierra (occupied by one male driver) was traveling eastbound on the outside lanes of SH 48 and collided with the Ford, the news release stated. Jeff Benton called me as soon as he got notice that I needed him from the airplane. First responders remained at the scene around 1:50 p.m. cleaning up the accident. A second crash took place at 9600 Research Boulevard northbound in northwest Austin just after 8:30 p.m. on Feb. 10, ATCEMS said. The McAllen Police Department is investigating a fatal auto-pedestrian crash that left a 48-year-old man dead. The incident happened at 12:15 a.m. Thursday on U.S. 77 in Nueces County. The driver of the other car remained on scene, Austin police said. At about 4 p.m. Wednesday, police found her white Chrysler Pacifica in the ditch off Business 77 near PFC Juan Garza Road. A woman was hospitalized in critical condition after she was ejected from her vehicle during a rollover crash on the citys South Side, according to San Antonio police. Police have not provided any other details. The driver of a 2016 Ford pickup truck was making a left turn onto Victoria Drive when the motorcycle struck the Ford. DPS reported that a southbound Mazda SUV attempted to make a left-hand turn when it was struck by a Suzuki motorcycle occupied by the . The motorcyclist was ejected from the Suzuki and suffered serious injuries, police said. A couple that stopped to help an intoxicated driver on the highway was hit by a second drunk driver early Saturday morning, according to San Antonio police. The sedan driver remained on the scene and was not injured though very shaken up, Bynum said. I was badly injured in an accident that resulted in a three level cervical fusion and Jeff was able to secure a settlement for me that was life changing. Three people including a child are dead following a rollover crash on the citys Northeast Side late Sunday night, according to San Antonio police. 55-year-old woman killed when struck by bus at North Lamar Street and Elm Street in Dallas, Texas. Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. A motorcyclist was taken to an area hospital following a crash with a sedan late Sunday night, according to San Antonio police. Edinburg, TX. Sign up for our newsletter to keep reading. A mother was picking up her two teenagers on the South Side after they finished selling candy in the area when they ran across the street and were struck by a pickup truck, according to San Antonio police. . Officers on scene determined the SUV struck the motorcycle.. Jeff Benton represented the family of a man who was killed when he was rear-ended by an 18-wheeler. Maggie previously worked at the Chicago Tribune and The Columbus Dispatch. 18, 2022 . San Antonio police say slick roads may have contributed to a rollover crash near downtown overnight. A crash involving two tractor-trailers and a massive fuel spill has led to a temporary closure of I-10 westbound, near the Kerr/Gillespie County Line. Fri, 02/03/2023. He did not set false expectations and he was very patient, taking care to explain every step of the process to me so I was able to make informed decisions. Most of these crashes involve motorcyclists not licensed to be driving a motorcycle, Oborski said. The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating a two-vehicle crash in Starr County that left one person dead Tuesday. It happened just after 6 p.m. Sunday near East Lancaster Avenue and Major. A motorcyclist is dead after a crash on the citys South Side overnight, according to San Antonio police. Edinburg police charged Otis Charles Barron, 30, with intoxicated manslaughter, accident involving death, two counts of intoxicated assault with vehicle and two counts of accident involving serious bodily injury. Thank you. Police identified the driver as Christopher Boone Herrick, 43, who died at the scene. DPS will release the identity of the man once his next of kin are notified of his death. I definitely recommend Jeff to anyone., Mr. The driver of that second vehicle stopped but the person who caused the crash drove away. A sergeant with a Texas sheriff's office was killed in a motorcycle crash Saturday afternoon as he . The crash happened Saturday at Fort Indiantown Gap. Home; About; Posts; Report; Contact; Accidents; Advertise; Worker killed in crane accident at school construction site in Celina . Their office kept me informed of all the hearings and they were very sympathic to all of my injuries and the outcome of my medical treatment. Benton is an Awesome attorney! Friends and loved ones gathered at a vigil Monday to support a grieving family who lost three siblings in a crash on the Northeast Side over the weekend. , Get to know our book expert, Ciera Pasturel, PD: Edinburg bus driver arrested after child left, Biden Admin does not want TX lawsuit in Lubbock, Friday Night Lights star choked ex-wife, police, Heres why your car looks disgusting today. Oborski also told KXAN most of the crashes are happening at night. Do not rely on any information within this post. I highly recommend Jeff for anyone seeking excellent legal service., Very professional lawyer, he helped with my needs immediately. From beginning to end he kept me informed about my case and explained the process along the way! The details in the Peace Officer report are recorded by the officer who attended the scene of the accident. The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating a three-vehicle crash that occurred Sunday and left one person in a coma while another ran from the scene. According to police, this incident is currently under investigation. The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating a three-vehicle crash that occurred Sunday and left one person in a coma while another ran from the scene. The motorcyclist was airlifted to Doctors Hospital Renaissance with unknown injuries. Motorcyclist killed in car crash in west Houston, Motorcyclist dies after crashing into 2 cars in different lanes on Highway 6. Jeff and his staff got us a nice settlement, which took care of our medical bills, allowed us to replace our beloved Miata, and let us put the wreck behind us. The driver of the motorcycle was identified as Warren Lloyd Green, 35. SAN ANTONIO, TX - According to Sigalert, a motor vehicle collision blocked a lane of traffic at I-35 and Thousand Oaks Dr Friday. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. I am thankful for the outcome and would definitely recommend The Benton Law Firm., Best. The incident happened around 11:22 a.m. All rights reserved, Texas Wants to Know:What You Should Be Aware of as a Gun Owner in Texas, 3 Children Killed, 2 Wounded in Ellis County Home; 1 in Custody: Sheriff, Check Your Change! The probable cause affidavit states that Barron left his vehicle at the scene and proceeded to travel on foot to a hospital to get medical attention. The impact caused both Spell and Fontenot to be ejected from the motorcycle. The first crash took place on Feb. 10 at 1000 Ed Bluestein Boulevard northbound in southeast Austin. The Virginia State Police is seeking the public's help in the investigation of a fatal crash on Interstate 95 Tuesday in which an area resident was killed and another was. He has previously been accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women. 10:33 AM on Nov 12, 2021 CST. The crash happened around 2:08 a.m. Sunday in the 5800 block of IH-35 southbound access road and Southcross Boulevard. Copyright 2023 KSAT.com is managed by Graham Digital and published by Graham Media Group, a division of Graham Holdings. DPS said in the release that troopers are continuing to investigate the fatal crash. (renews at {{format_dollars}}{{start_price}}{{format_cents}}/month + tax). Senegal said the initial investigation revealed a 2004 Kawasaki motorcycle, operated by Spell, was traveling south on U.S. 171 at a high rate of speed. Ty Thompson, 41, was killed in a single-vehicle motorcycle crash in Starks Saturday night. Overall very good., Mr. A preliminary investigation shows that a 2009 Ford Crown Victoria traveling south of FM 511 hit a man who was walking northbound in the middle of the road. Karla was with me every step of the way. A woman was pronounced dead following a crash on the North Side on Sunday morning, according to San Antonio police. He called the police, and the victim was later found about 30 feet below on the feeder road. RECENT TEXAS ACCIDENT NEWS. Note: The information included in this post was derived from secondary sources and has not been independently confirmed. Disclaimer:The intent of this post is to provide general information to our readers and to help improve the safety and quality of life of those who live in our state. HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Three people were killed overnight in separate crashes across the Houston area . This crash involved a motorcycle and another vehicle. Making sure I was fully aware of all the possibilities and outcomes of my case. Thank you Benton Law Firm for representing me. Hunter said motorcycle sales have been strong the last six months at Austin City Powersports, and the newer generation is expressing more interest in motorcycles than it has before. She guided me step by step and kept me up to date. A special team of divers has located a vehicle underwater that flew off a highway bridge into the Guadalupe River early Thursday morning. We aim to provide up to date information to the public surrounding these incidents in hopes of helping others to avoid becoming victims themselves or to know how to respond should a tragedy occur. The driver of the Ford was taken to the nearest hospital. A silver Chevrolet pickup truck traveling westbound veered into the eastbound lane where it crashed into a Kenworth tractor trailer. Even though lawyers are a totem of American life, I had avoided them out of fear and mistrust. Spokesperson Kayla Vincent said deputies responded to the crash at about 10 p.m. on Alligator Park Road. And the next day he was investigating my case. At Benton Law Firm, we understand how dangerous it is for motorcyclists to be involved in vehicle collisions, especially since theyre highly susceptible to sustaining catastrophic or fatal injuries. Facebook; Twitter; Instagram; Posts; Search for: Menu. Operator of three-wheel motorcycle dies in Arlington crash. Dozens of people were injured in a massive traffic pileup amid snowy conditions in southern Wisconsin on Friday, which blocked Interstate 39/90 for hours, authorities said. But it made an impression, the elementary school music teacher leaving . A 24-year-old man has been arrested after police say he purposely crashed his vehicle into a convenience store in an attempt to hit someone early Thursday morning. Houston Police say he was speeding and. The motorcyclist, who has not been identified, was pronounced dead by first responders. Barron is set to appear before state District Judge Keno Vasquez Tuesday morning for the hearing. Texas Department of Public Safety troopers are investigating a fatal auto-pedestrian crash that occurred Saturday night after a Mission man tried to prevent the vehicle from leaving, according to a news release. SAN ANTONIO A motorcyclist is dead and a driver is on the run after a crash on the citys South Side overnight, according to San Antonio police. The Bexar County Medical Examiners Office has identified a woman who was killed in a crash on the Northwest Side on Sunday. Watch KLTV 7 News at 10. The accident occurred early Friday morning, officials say. Police said a 30-year-old man driving a gray 2019 Toyota was traveling westbound on Velasco Avenue and stopped at the stop sign at Skillman Street prior to the crash. Jeff and his staff were direct and always a step ahead of my concerns., The Benton Law Firm took away all the frustration and complications that I had experienced after my accident and made the process so much better. We didnt know what to expect from the insurance company when they offered nothing. A motorcyclist died after crashing into another vehicle on Interstate 635 early Friday, Dallas police said. FORT WORTH, Texas - Fort Worth police are investigating a hit-and-run crash that killed two motorcycle riders. The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating a fatal two-vehicle crash that left two women dead Sunday morning, according to a news release. The McAllen Police Department is investigating an early Sunday morning single-vehicle crash that left a 38-year-old man dead. Firm. Here's what to know as Alex Murdaughs murder trial winds down. HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A motorcycle driver was killed in a crash on the East Freeway early Sunday morning. By clicking Sign Up, I confirmthat I have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Deadly crash involving motorcycle blocking N. Braeswood at 610 W. Loop Man, woman not wearing helmets when motorcycle crashed, sheriff says 19-year-old charged in crash that killed. Police said a man, 30, was driving a Suzuki motorcycle west on Southcross. The Florida Highway Patrol released video of a wild crash that happened in the middle of rush hour traffic on Interstate 4. The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating a crash that left two dead and multiple people injured late Friday night. There was a problem saving your notification. I am grateful for this attorneys caring professionalism and would recommend him to anyone facing a personal injury crisis., I would recommend Benton Law Firm to everyone I know. Every Time I had to talk with anyone from the firm, they were always helpful and professional and kind. On Wednesday . Police said the driver of the Chevrolet Silverado fled the scene on foot and failed to stop and render aid. The Rio Grande City Police Department responded to a crash that occurred on Business 83 and Blas Chapa at about 12:46 p.m. Monday that left one driver hospitalized, according to Assistant Chief Jose Solis. An air ambulance company says all five people aboard one of its flights have been killed in a crash in Nevada. No further details have been provided at this time. "A 2005 GMC . Students Suffer. One person is dead, and three people were hospitalized after a crash on the Northwest Side, according to San Antonio police. We really appreciate you so much!, Ready to get the help you deserve? As mandated by state law, toxicology testing will be performed. I would recommend them to all my friends and family.. Bynum said police are still unsure who is at fault in the crash or whether speed was a factor. The 19-year-old driver was airlifted to a local hospital for injuries sustained during the crash but is in stable condition. A crash involving two military vehicles killed one soldier and injured three others at a Pennsylvania military training area, officials said. A motorcyclist was rushed to a local hospital after suffering serious and life threatening injuries Tuesday in a crash at Waco Drive and North Sixth Street. Phone: (214) 777-7777. At the Benton Law Firm, we intend to honor those who are victimized in accidents across Texas. I dont see [the rise of motorcycles in Austin] slowing down anytime soon, but then again, Austins not slowing down anytime soon, he said. If a police officer did not attend . A friend recommended giving Jeff Benton a call.