Chester, England, 22nd April 1966, David Smith brother in-law of Myra . The DS said it was probably a sheep. Make sure that the file is a photo. CRIME AND INVESTIGATION - DETECTIVES NETWORK, JEREMY BAMBER: DOCUMENTS CONTAINING PROVEN FACTS, JOURNEY TAKEN BY BAMBER TO WHITE FARM LODGE, MADELEINE MCCANN: THE FORBIDDEN INVESTIGATION, MIKE TESKO SUGGESTS POLICE FIRED INTO DEAD BODIES. Skip past search results. Skull found as police dig for Moors Murders victim Keith Bennett - latest updates. Adrian Prout arriving at the farm in handcuffs. Murder Victim. Victims of Moors Murderers, clockwise from top left: Pauline Reade, John Kilbride, Lesley Ann Downey, Keith Bennett, Edward Evans, Harry: I always felt different to rest of family, US-made cheese can be called 'gruyere' - court, AOC under investigation for Met Gala dress, Alex Murdaugh's legal troubles are far from over, Mbappe breaks PSG goal record in win over Nantes, Walkie Talkie architect Rafael Violy dies aged 78, Why Alex Murdaugh was spared the death penalty. Shut up or I'll forget myself and hit you one. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. The email does not appear to be a valid email address. Please enter your email address and we will send you an email with a reset password code. He said he realised who they were after seeing their pictures in the paper after their arrest. Ann died from cancer in 1999. 16 May 2017. Put it in now. Between 1963 and 1965 Brady and Hindley tortured and murdered five children - Pauline Reade, 16, John Kilbride, 12, Keith Bennett, 12, Lesley Ann Downey, 10, and Edward Evans, 17 - before burying their bodies on Saddleworth Moor. But the nearest point for me to escape was the window. A system error has occurred. So, I thought we should remember Bob here. The most sensational and horrifying evidence, also found in the suitcase, was tape recordings the couple had made, apparently of Lesleys murder. Save to an Ancestry Tree, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for pasting or Print. By his account, David Smith, a brother-in-law of Ms. Hindley, saw Mr. Brady kill Edward Evans, 17, and helped the couple clean the body. Your new password must contain one or more uppercase and lowercase letters, and one or more numbers or special characters. But at least I would have had a week of freedom.. Jason Manford proudly wears a map of Manchester suit on ITV Starstruck and reveals sweet reason why, The comedian and West End star has been applauded for his wardrobe choices, 'This is uncanny' - Starstruck fans gobsmacked by Ed Sheeran's 'twin' but others distracted by major detail, One viewer remarked "OMG Ed?" The little girl was sexually assaulted and tortured. It would be more than 20 years before Brady and Hindley admitted her murder. Here youll find cutting-edge factual content from our award-winning 24 Hours in A\u0026E to Dispatches and provocative and empowering original true stories. There was a problem getting your location. Murder Victim. And to this day the crimes the evil pair committed still haunt Manchester. I said: If thats a sheep its wearing clothes., Had we not found her then that was it and the search was off. The courts sent the young Brady to Manchester to live with his mother and her new boyfriend, Patrick Brady, whose surname he would later assume. He had to be, he lived on the streets of Garstang in Lancashire as a beat bobbie. Im a baby naming pro and these are the top so far for this year - would you add them to your list? Please enter your email and password to sign in. ). He said: There was this coyness about her. 12, who was snatched in November the same year; Lesley Ann Downey, 10, who was lured away from a funfair on Boxing Day 1964; and Edward Evans, 17, who was axed to death in October 1965. Why did I go right the way up there? Anyone can read what you share. Ian Brady and Myra Hindley were responsible for the murders of 5 youngsters during the 1960s. Ann's 10 year old daughter Lesley Ann Downey was murdered on Boxing Day 1964 in Manchester England by 2 monsters who killed 4 other children, John Kilbride 12, Pauline Reade 16, Keith Bennett 12 and Edward Evans 17. Only Bennett's body, age 12, has never been found (via The Guardian). So, she went by herself, although friends and neighbours who knew her well were already there. RMG43TDX - Ann and Alan West, the parents of Moors murder victim Leslie Ann Downey, at the Victims of Crime Trust launch. GREAT NEWS! There is 1 volunteer for this cemetery. Please, take your hands off me a minute, please, please-- Mummy--please. Are you sure that you want to report this flower to administrators as offensive or abusive? Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account. Then there was the stomach-churning sound of 10-year-old Lesley Ann Downey being murdered. Close this window, and upload the photo(s) again. The show also interviewed three men who had brushes with Brady and Hindley as children and escaped with their lives. Failed to remove flower. Child - Can I just tell you summat? Some 150 officers from three police forces - Manchester, Lancashire and Cheshire - formed a unit to search the moorland. (From left) John Kilbride, 12, 10-year-old Lesley Ann Downey Edward Evans, 17, Pauline Reade, 16, and 12-year-old Keith Bennett . The court found Brady guilty on all three murder charges and sentenced him to three concurrent life sentences. In 1987 . Thank God one is now dead and the other at deaths door. Woman - You are all right. During their trial, they showed what psychologists called no capacity for empathy. It was at the stage I just really wanted to go. As manager of this memorial you can add or update the memorial using the Edit button below. Thanks for your help! She had been gagged with a scarf but was still wearing her shoes and socks. cemeteries found in Chorlton-Cum-Hardy, Metropolitan Borough of Manchester, Greater Manchester, England will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Child - Will you let me go when this is out? Big, bluff and tough. This recording has haunted police, reporters, lawyers and judges who became involved in bringing justice to the pair. Hyde, Metropolitan Borough of Tameside, Greater Manchester, England. It wouldnt have happened if Id been with her. <>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> The killers were caught after the Evans murder and Lesley and John's bodies were recovered from the moors. Between 1963 and 1965, Myra Hindley and her lover Ian Brady lured four children Pauline Reade, John Kilbride, Keith Bennett, and Lesley Ann Downey into their car under the pretense of giving them a ride home. A large crowd gathers outside Trinity Methodist Church, Ancoats, for the funeral of Lesley Ann Downey on October 25, 1965. A photograph Brady took of his lover holding her pet dog at the edge of the schoolboy's grave led detectives to the site two years later. Visitors to the burial site of 10 year-old murder victim Lesley Ann Downey on Saddleworth Moor in the South Pennines, circa 1965. On 6 May 1966 the 'Trial of the Century' came to an end. She came up for parole several times, and Lord Longford, a Labour peer famed for championing social outcasts and unpopular causes, worked for her release, saying she was a genuinely reformed person.. Woman - In your mouth. Then she came out and put the slice of bread and jam down and it banged onto the table and shes completely changed. Lesley was raped and murdered by the evil pair before being dumped in a shallow grave on Saddleworth Moor, where she lay undiscovered until October 1965, over nine months later. I could hear the woman shouting the little sh**s getting away.. In even lower levels of depravity, the pair recorded Lesley Ann's last moments on an audio tape, which was later played in court. Even though the pair were both permitted to visit the moor to point out Keith's remains, his body has never been found. Transcript of the tape with recorded murder of Lesley Ann Downey Man - This is track four. Read about our approach to external linking. Sorry! As always you can unsubscribe at any time. Previously sponsored memorials or famous memorials will not have this option. Man - Get in the fucking basket. Terry said recently: I should have been with her. Lesley Ann Downey Lesley Ann Downey. POLICE REPORT: FAMILY MURDERED AND JEREMY TALKS ABOUT A NEW PORCHE ? Required fields are marked *, Never miss a Post, and Stay Informed!Sign up for Our Newsletter, and have New Posts delivered right to your Email Inbox, Reading Time: 2 minutesThe Lagos chapter of Ohanaeze Ndigbo has declared its support for the re-election bid of Babajide Sanwo-Olu, governor of Lagos State, with Sunday Ossai, the chapter's president, making the declaration on Thursday in Ikeja, during a joint media briefing about the March 11 governorship election. Its the messiest yet.. Here are details about the case and the couples victims. December 26 1964: Lesley Ann Downey . Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate, or jump to a slide with the slide dots. Which memorial do you think is a duplicate of Lesley Downey (10799132)? 2023 BBC. Britons were horrified by revelations that some of the children had been tortured and molested before they were killed, and that in one instance, the couple had made a tape recording of a victim pleading for her life. Police investigating the death of Moors Murders victim Keith Bennett are probing the reported discovery of a human skull. Lesley was abducted by Moors murderers, Ian Brady and Myra Hindley. At age 10, she was abducted from the fairground on Boxing day 1964 by the infamous 'Moors Murderers' Ian Brady and Myra Hindley, where she was then taken to their home and made to pose for pictures and killed before being buried on Saddleworth Moors, Manchester, England. Man - Hush, put it in your mouth and you'll be all right. View gallery. Woman - Sh. Continuing with this request will add an alert to the cemetery page and any new volunteers will have the opportunity to fulfill your request. Their victims were Pauline Reade, John Kilbride, Keith Bennett, Lesley Ann Downey and Edward Evans. They have vowed to recover their mandate in court. Moors Murder victims John Kilbride, 12, 10-year-old Lesley . . After his arrest for Evans' murder, police started to trawl through Brady's library books on murder and sexual perversion. We have set your language to Between 1963 and 1965, the evil lovers murdered five children Pauline Reade, 16, John Kilbride, 12, Keith Bennett, 12, Lesley and 17-year-old Edward Evans. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. "Please God help me, ah, please, oh," the girl is heard to say before screaming. Paramedics and police tried to revive him. News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. Ander Herrera said he was going through the most difficult period in his career in an emotional Instagram post. I can remember jumping out of the window and getting entangled in the net curtain. Please contact Find a Grave at [emailprotected] if you need help resetting your password. A recording of the terrifying final moments of Ian Brady's victim Lesley Ann Downey as she pleaded for her life shocked the nation after it was played at his trial in 1966. The ticket to claim the suitcase was found in the spine of Myra Hindley's prayer book, which was what 'PB . The couple targeted both male and female children who were all aged between 10 and 17. He disappeared from a marketplace in Ashton-under-Lyne, a town near Manchester, when Ms. Hindley offered him a ride home and then made a detour to the moor, where Mr. Brady sexually assaulted him and strangled him with a piece of string in November 1963. Save to an Ancestry Tree, a virtual cemetery, your clipboard for pasting or Print. There was an error deleting this problem. Put it in your mouth. John is now buried at Hurst Cemetery in Ashton-Under-Lyne. The Moors Murders case in pictures . The victims were five childrenPauline Reade, John Kilbride, Keith Bennett, Lesley Ann Downey and Edward Evansaged between 10 and 17, at least four of whom were sexually assaulted. Hush, hush. Stop it now. Photo Credit to Manchester Evening News. By then they knew something had happened. Use Escape keyboard button or the Close button to close the carousel. Translation on Find a Grave is an ongoing project. Why should another child have to carry the guilt of a horror committed by predators of the worst kind? Add to your scrapbook. At least six quotations from the horrific tape recordings of . Now I finally have relief from endometriosis', Hannah Bingham spent years suffering from the condition, Met Office snow and weather forecast for where you live in Greater Manchester, Temperatures are likely to drop this week with some snow forecast in some parts of the region, Everybody will be lifted up if we all aim for equality: Hundreds line the streets in the city centre for Manchester's annual Walk for Women, The march is one of many taking place across the UK for International Women's Day, Man City player ratings as Ruben Dias and Phil Foden great vs Newcastle, Manchester City beat Newcastle 2-0 in the Premier League to keep up the pressure at the top of the Premier League table, Manchester United already have the blueprint to beat Liverpool FC, Erik ten Hag will be looking to complete a league double over Liverpool in his first season as Man Utd manager, Emotional scenes at Etihad as Man City fans and Phil Foden pay tribute to tragic Milly-Rose, 6, who died suddenly, The emotional display happened during the sixth minute of Manchester City vs Newcastle, Prince Harry says marijuana really helped him deal with trauma, Speaking in a podcast the Duke of Sussex said cocaine 'didn't do anything for me' but weed 'really did help me', 'We ditched our corporate jobs for life on a narrowboat with our baby - we've never been happier', Despite earning a sixth of their previous income, Joanna and Victor Gould are loving the slower pace of life, We took Jay Rayner for lunch at one his favourite Manchester restaurants - heres what he had to say about the citys food, We sat down for lunch with the acclaimed food critic ahead of his show 'Jazz Up the 80s with the Jay Rayner Sextet' at Manchester's Albert Hall, 'School banned my business when I was 12. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, Lesley Ann Downey was snatched from a fair on Boxing day, 1964, Myra Hindley and Ian Brady killed five children between 1963 and 1965, Terry West, second from left, with (L-R) Bernard King, Terry Kilbride, Tommy Rhattigan and David Gray, Pauline Reade, 16, was the first victim in July 1963, Tommy Rhattigan aged around seven, when the evil pair tried to abduct him, John Kilbride was 12 when he went missing from the market, The five men affected by the Moors murders were brought together for the documentary, Keith Bennett was the killers' second victim but his body was never found, The five victims - John Kilbride, 12, 10-year-old Lesley Ann Downey Edward Evans, 17, Pauline Reade, 16, and 12-year-old Keith Bennett, Police will never close case on Moors murderers Ian Brady and Myra Hindley, Brother of Moors murderers victim Lesley Ann Downey admits he will never forgive himself for not being with her the day she died and two other survivors reveal how they got away from Britains sickest killers, Harry launches fresh attack on Charles saying he grew up in 'broken home' & insists 'mum felt like I do' about Royals, Break down the barriers? We should take a few moments to remember Lesley Anne Downey, the young girl kidnapped, raped, murdered and dumped in a shallow grave at Christmas. Failed to report flower. In 1987 the pair led police to the site where Pauline had been buried in a shallow grave, still wearing her pink and gold party dress. You are nearing the transfer limit for memorials managed by Find a Grave. I said to my mum, I wont be able to take her. My mum said, I realise that. The quicker you do this, the quicker you'll get home. Your account has been locked for 30 minutes due to too many failed sign in attempts. Please ensure you have given Find a Grave permission to access your location in your browser settings. Leave me, please. You may not upload any more photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 20 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 5 photos to this memorial, This photo was not uploaded because this memorial already has 30 photos, This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 15 photos to this memorial. The tape was found within a brown suitcase, recovered from lost property at a train station, along with many other incriminating items such as photographs. Please reset your password. I thought you might like to see a memorial for Lesley Ann Downey I found on Findagrave.com. Stop it now. To view a photo in more detail or edit captions for photos you added, click the photo to open the photo viewer. cemeteries found in Chorlton-Cum-Hardy, Metropolitan Borough of Manchester, Greater Manchester, England will be saved to your photo volunteer list. Her body was found in a shallow grave on Saddleworth Moor in October 1965. Please enter your email and password to sign in. Shortly after this, the search on The Moors discovered the body of Lesley Ann Downey, the girl on the tape. Please ensure you have given Find a Grave permission to access your location in your browser settings. Boxing Day, 1964. QvstbL1v'f70"*jkV )iImHc F:~jOf?;z$;a4iC{N7mAp3|G/Q/,\Xe4ts5O87g,I2K/c$dbx v\9*n-hT0JfYeKGxr6u^XXImK'S(#@@$Lk^suqs{Um#5E;;>lpZP[Yn:LfyUi~>%7 -w$r9wQ }! Lesley Ann Downey (10), John Kilbride . He loved going into town shopping during the week.. He was then raped, strangled and buried on the moors. Edward Evans was the final victim of the Moors Murderers, and at the age of 17, their oldest. He died at Ashworth Hospital on May 15 2017 aged 79. If you notice a problem with the translation, please send a message to [emailprotected] and include a link to the page and details about the problem. Child - I can't--Dad-Will you take your hands off me? Try again later. Please complete the captcha to let us know you are a real person.