Career Goal: High School Activities or Groups: Associated Student Body (ASB) High School Activities or Groups: STEM Club, Math Club, and Project Angkor Moving up a grade together can benefit both teachers and students. High School Activities or Groups: Varsity Tennis, Key Club, National Honor Society GPA: 4.55 Our strong academic programs deliver todays critical skills to our students as they move on to their young adult life after high school. BOWIE - Beverly Hoover Woolf, 72, went home to be with the Lord on Feb. 20, 2023. . 5550 N. First Street. After Graduation/College Plans: CSU Long Beach Nursing major What type of gifts for graduates are prohibited? medications can be dropped off except liquids. GPA: 4.0 Parking is available in lots surrounding UAB Bartow arena. Admission for handicapped guests plus one other that have been registered through the google form begins at 6:00 PM. Age: 18 High school: Pacifica High School School emergency plan, Senior Expectations, Round Table-Questions Encore Performance: The Legend of Nathan Harrison, about Cardinals Interact Invitation to Apply, about Coffee With The Principal 11_18_2022. Career Goal: Parents: Name: Aubrey Garrett North Canton School. High School Activities or Groups: Valedictorian; DIstrict, City and Orange County recognized artist of the year; AP Capstone Diploma recipient; Softball; NHS; Art CLub President; Writing center tutor; CSF President; FFA Age: 18 After Graduation/College Plans: Attend UCI major in Pharmaceutical Science College Plans: Princeton University Career Goal: Urban Planner After Graduation/College Plans: College: Santa Ana College, Major: Biology High School Activities or Groups: Age: 18 Age: 18 Age: 18 About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . After Graduation/College Plans: College of the Holy Cross, Neurobiology Major GPA: 4.39/4.00 High School Activities or Groups: Water Polo, Swim, Finance Club President GPA: 4.0 The Kearny High Educational Complex serves the Linda Vista, Serra Mesa, and Kearny Mesa communities of San Diego and is nationally recognized as one of the most successful implementations of high school reform. in the After Graduation/College Plans: College: University of California, Irvine, Major: Computer Science Many districts contain only one high school. After Graduation/College Plans: Chapman University Noisemakers are prohibited and guests are asked to hold all applause until the last graduates name is called. Graduates should report to the Ship at 9:15. Parents: Name: Kathryn D. Sullivan National Percentile on College-level Exams. Age: 18 Career Goal: Pharmacist Age: HOOVER, Alabama - Hoover and Spain Park high schools likely will start having multiple valedictorians in each class, starting with the Class of 2017, following a policy change approved by the Hoover school board this week. After Graduation/College Plans: Bioengineering at UC Berkeley High School Activities or Groups: Science Olympiad, California Scholarship Federation, St. Jude Medical Center volunteer After Graduation/College Plans: To attend Rutgers School of Pharmacy Jeanarry Rodriguez Hernandez, one of the 17 valedictorians for Hoover High, said she has decided not to attend her graduation because she believes its too soon for a gathering of this size due to COVID-19. Parents: Glen Frey, Miko Frey, Name: Terrance Cowley High School Activities or Groups: -Project Galileo (chemical engineering group) GPA: 4.41 Cantwell-Sacred Heart 8, Verbum Dei 4. High school: Chavez High School, Santa Ana Unified School District Career Goal: High school: Northwood High School After Graduation/College Plans: Attend Brigham Young University and major in Communications Instructions to Create a Parent Portal Account: Viewing Grades in the Parent/Student Portal. HHS Counselors. Hernandez said her mom was initially disappointed with her decision not to attend. Career Goal: Career Goal: ), Proportion of 12th Grade Class Who Scored 4+ on an Exam, Exam Takers in 12th Grade Class Who Scored 4+ on an Exam. To ensure early entry and seating, the guest requiring handicapped seating plus one other member of the party should arrive between 6:15 and 6:45 PM as general admission opens at 6:45 PM. High school: Fullerton Union High School After Graduation/College Plans: University of California, Los Angeles Spain Park's Class of 2013 - with three valedictorians - was an exception because the current policy allows for ties if the students' GPAs are identical up to the fourth decimal point. Students were provided only four guest tickets and those guests will sit in pods spaced out from other households and groups. After Graduation/College Plans: College: UC Los Angeles, Major: Bioengineering Asian Club North Canton City Schools. graduation practice in order to participate in the commencement ceremony. National Honor Society Publicist and Vice President Max Pickering, one of three valedictorians for the Class of 2013 at Spain Park High School in Hoover, Ala., speaks at his class' graduation ceremony at Samford University's Pete Hanna Center in Homewood, Ala., on Wednesday, May 22, 2013. Become Here. GPA: 4.0/4.6 High School Activities or Groups: She then transferred to the Garland plant when . This shows this school's student participation and performance on these exams if data were available. High school: El Modena High School Parents: Name: Michael Pawinski HHS graduation is May 24, 2023, 7:30 PM, UAB Bartow Arena. GPA: 4.4 Parents: Pauline Aguilera. Career Goal: Music Performer and Educator Parents: Jihyun Kim and Inchul Jee, Name: Harshita Dabir Hoover City Schools is spacing graduates on the baseball field at a 6-foot distance. High School Activities or Groups: -Two year ASB member Parents: Frank Jiang and Helen Liu, Name: Yesenia Gomez Lori Akin Class of 2023. Varsity Tennis Team All students who qualify for the valedictorian title will vote on which ones of them will deliver speeches at graduation, according to the new policy. After Graduation/College Plans: High school: Sonora "We do know that staying home works. High school: Costa Mesa High School Burbank 13, Muir 1. The following are the high school students who submitted their information, including their high school activities, after graduation plans, and their career goals. Parents: Dave and Kristen Rhode, Name: Christine Wang Teens should limit screen time and caffeinated drinks before bed, experts say. Some of my main school clubs were California Scholarship Federation, Interact, American Chemical Society, Spanish Honors Society, and Growing up Stem. Career Goal: To become a medical doctor Parents: Name: Cody Sirimanotham High School Activities or Groups: Head rally commissioner, President of Yokis GARDEN Club, AP studio artist High School Activities or Groups: College Championships High School Championships Football Championships Basketball Championships Youth Sports Fantasy Sports Championship Ring Gallery Jostens Letter Jackets Letters & Patches Awards and Trophies. After Graduation/College Plans: Get a job and make money After Graduation/College Plans: I will be attending the United States Naval Academy, where I to earn a degree in Aerospace Engineering, After graduation, I aim to become a Pilot and Serve a Career in the United States Navy as an Officer GPA: 5.00 Career Goal: Business/Finance, Wall Street Parents: Yvette & Mai Tufuga, Name: Matthew Ruiz Marathon Runner California Scholarship Federation After Graduation/College Plans: Attend and play indoor volleyball at Stanford University Parents: Elise and Albrecht Gass, Name: Nishad Francis Name: Franklin Guevara, Valedictorian Age: High school: Middle College High School, Santa Ana Unified School District GPA: 4.6 High School Activities or Groups: After . Masks are going to be enforced in order to enter the Hoover MET and attend the graduation ceremony. Career Goal: Engineer and pilot California Scholarship Federation (CSF) Besides majoring in biology and working towards my bachelors in LA, I also want to learn music production on the side. What time does general admission open for guests? High School Activities or Groups: Boys League, Varsity Water Polo, Varsity Swim, MESA Club, California Scholarship Federation After Graduation/College Plans: College: USC, Major: Biology High School Activities or Groups: Japan Bowl, Model United Nations, Lifehacks Club, California Scholarship Federation After Graduation/College Plans: Georgia Tech, Majoring in Computational Media Hoover High School - Viking Views Late Nights Hoover High School - Hi-Notes Practice. Drum line Career Goal: Its not the diploma itself and I think at the end of the day its about recognition and to be recognized for your efforts and I think that Ive done that.. Hoover High School exists to provide a learning environment for academic excellence where students think critically, take responsibility for their actions, are connected to the community, and are challenged to reach their individual potential for success in the future. Parents: Name: Khang Le, Salutatorian High School Activities or Groups: National honors society, Competitive cheer, tech crew for Legally Blonde the Musical, Kpop Dance Club, Asian Club, Stunt Team After Graduation/College Plans: Planning to swing high and make my family proud! Parents: John Xu, Joanna Chen, Name: Jacob Rodriguez Career Goal: Become an Orthodontist High school: Godinez Fundamental High School, Santa Ana Unified School District High school: Costa Mesa High School Parents: Kem Erskine, Guy Erskine, Jason Bradford, Name: Leslie Delgado Parents: Meenal Dabir & Praful Dabir, Name: Howard Trinh Globalhugs Foundation, San Antonio Catholic Church (Senior Sunshine Club (65 and over Luncheon), Bible Camp, Fiesta volunteer), Feed the homeless OC ATTENTION CARDINAL SENIORS! Age: 17 High School Activities or Groups: Parents: Susanna and Anthony Conti, Name: Martin Vo High School Activities or Groups: GPA: 4.34 Suspect at-large after bar shooting sends 2 people to the hospital, Two inmates found unresponsive, died at Limestone Correctional Facility, Best athletic wear for kids joining baseball and, How to watch all the Oscar-nominated movies in style, Best smart home devices for older users, according, Man killed by tree that fell on his truck in Talladega, Alabama AG accuses ethics chief of self-dealing, GALLERY: Severe storms cause damage across central, Trees down, roads blocked across central Alabama, 70,000 people without power in central Alabama, Suspect at-large after bar shooting sends 2 people, 2 inmates found unresponsive at Limestone Correctional, Folks near Jack Daniels facility complain of whiskey, Clean-up continues in central Alabama following Fridays, Road work to close I-65 NB near Alabaster over the, Pedestrian dead after struck by pickup truck, ADEM announces new group to study response to fire, Deputy shoots, kills person in south Alabama, JSU President Hudson placed on administrative leave, Another MS hospital will stop delivering babies, Beads given to parade goer contained womans ashes, Alabama man charged with child sex crimes, MS Senate passes bill restricting EV dealerships, St. Clair County deputy delivers baby in Vincent, Family: OPD failed to protect murder victim, Justice for Jasiah: Family of late teen explains, Wheres my son?: Video shows children telling Jasiah, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. But now her mother supports her decision. High School Activities or Groups: Key Club Hoover City. GPA: 4.4 High School Activities or Groups: After Graduation/College Plans: I will be attending the University of California Berkeley, majoring in Cognitive Science with a minor in Psychology. After Graduation/College Plans: I am going to The New School in New York. Age: 18 Following graduation from Whitewright High School, she attended and graduated from a secretarial college in Denison. Career Goal: I plan to double major in English and Political Science. Student Board rep, SAC member, EAC member, and GPA: 4.8 High School Activities or Groups: ASB, water polo, swimming, club NHS Stop Drowning Now, choir Parents: Dad: Liem Nguyen Mom: Dung Ho, Name: Kevin Nguyen Career Goal: Pediatric Speech Pathologist High School Activities or Groups: Boys Varsity Volleyball (3 years), Team Captain of Boys Varsity Volleyball (2 years), Boys Varsity Football, Asian Culture Club, We Care Club, Movie Club, Key Club, Delta Pathway, California Scholarship Federation. High school: Valencia High School, Placentia High School Activities or Groups: Varsity Volleyball, ASB for all four years, member of National Honor Society and California Scholarship Federation, FCA leader, Cofounder and current president of Mosaics Teen Group aiding women in need. High schoolers can earn college credit while exploring teaching as a profession. National Honors Society (NHS) Parents: Vincent and Winnie Wang, Name: Rachel Lee High school: El Dorado High School After Graduation/College Plans: I plan to study acting at Roosevelt University in the Chicago College of Performing Arts. Age: High school: Laguna Hills High School Hoover High School is ranked as one of the best high schools in Ohio and in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. High School Activities or Groups: High School Cheer, volunteering as a youth cheer coach, ASB, National Honors Society, California Scholarship Federation, Mock Trial, my high schools law academy, Link Crew, Student site council, PTSA, and Red Cross. Please note, this will allow the handicapped guest plus one other member of the graduation party admission beginning at 6:00. Hernandez isn't the only one to question the decision. The seniors are heading to the Hoover Metropolitan Stadium on May 21, and each can invite four family members to watch. After Graduation/College Plans: My plans after I graduate are to attend UCSD to major in electrical engineering. Name: Chirag Adam Singh Career Goal: Pediatrician. Parents: Julie Koerber, Name: Han Dinh Age: 17 YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. Career Goal: Engineer, CEO Hoover High School, home of the Buccaneers, is a public school located in Hoover, Alabama. Age: 18 Every guest must have a ticket in order to gain admission. Today, Hoover hosted a parent meeting for Wilson's 8th-grade parents. Name: Fatima Rodriguez, Valedictorian Add money to a lunch account or pay student fees? After Graduation/College Plans: -explore different subjects in college, get involved with clubs, double major in dance and science High school: El Dorado High School, Placentia, CA (PYLUSD) After Graduation/College Plans: Attend Orange Coast College and transfer after two years Parents: Huy and Yen Tran. Hoover faculty member William Le Clear, after saying 2019 in several languages, explains the multitude of different colors adorning the graduates at the graduation ceremony for Hoover High School . Age: Career Goal: I am thinking of becoming a software developer. How do I register a guest for handicapped parking/admission? The Nike Speed Development Camp at Hoover High School is a two-day camp focusing on Speed Development for both Individual and Team Sport athletes looking to develop over the summer and get ready for next season. Parents: Salvador and Bertha Garcia, Name: Rachel Pham GPA: 4.4 Age: The decision sparked an online petition asking district officials to hold a virtual graduation instead. Age: 18 Parents: Gemma Gaut and Donnie Gaut, Name: Claudia Lara Age: 18 Want to learn how to stand out to Admissions Officers at your top colleges? Career Goal: Will explore career options as I navigate college courses Jewelry. YouTubes privacy policy is available here and YouTubes terms of service is available here. Age: 17 High School Activities or Groups: Key Club, K-pop Dance Club, GSA Club, High School Activities or Groups: Red Cross Parents: Kristan and Paul Beckman. I love teaching others and find it to be incredibly rewarding. We dubbed this meeting as Cardinal for a Day - Parent Edition. A total of 35 parents attended. High school: Costa Mesa High School High School Activities or Groups: Career Goal: Registered Nurse Parents: Vicman and Christine Ruelos, Name: Jahnvi Mehta School officials say they have been in communication with the Jefferson County Department of Health and the city of Hoover on this decision and how to make it safe for students and guests. After Graduation/College Plans: After graduation I plan on attending UCLA and dorming with two friends of whom Ive known since elementary school. High School Activities or Groups: Varsity Tennis, Key Club, Asian Culture Club, MESA I have been in AVID since my junior year. Century 4, Placentia Valencia 2 . Staff Contact Information. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. GPA: 4.65 In addition, counselors are available to conference with parents, both individually and with teachers. Career Goal: Doctor -SWE co-president 1 of 2 high schools Age: 17 Report Cards - Grades are available in PowerSchool Portal. Age: High School Activities or Groups: Educator and activist Denisha Jones explains what racial justice in education looks like. It is currently the one of the two International Baccalaureate schools in the Greater Birmingham Area. Age: High school: Garden Grove High School Parents: Darshika Shah, Vipul Shah, Name: Isaac In-Gyu Yang Graduation night marks the close . High school: Costa Mesa High School Parents: Martha and Victor Pedroza, Name: Silvi Lybbert pic.twitter.com/Ztevrtu5RU, Alabama concerned veteran teachers could stay home as schools reopen, Alabama schools could reopen in June for some students, Coronavirus in Alabama: Cases, maps, charts and resources, Read all of AL.coms coverage of the coronavirus at this link: https://www.al.com/coronavirus/. Age: 18 High school: Troy High School Mackey suggested school officials review guidance from the Alabama Department of Public Health for places of worship when they consider how to hold graduation ceremonies. Link Crew Leader (2 years) Parents: Nam Vo and Trang Nguyen, Name: Yubin Jee IUSD Student Committee High School Activities or Groups: Help organize and promote on campus annual District Servathon. After Graduation/College Plans: I will be attending UCLA in the fall and intend on majoring in chemistry. High school: Sunny Hills High School After Graduation/College Plans: Attending MIT and planning to double major in Astronautical Engineering and Physics with concentrations in advanced propulsion methods and robotic space systems (English-Spanish-Vietnamese). Career Goal: Professional Singer Hoover High School 525 7th Street NE North Canton, Oh 44720-2012 Google Map Directions. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). Aaron Price Fellows Program and Cardinals Interact Program are recrui December 14, 2022 Dear Hoover High School Staff, Students and Families, I am excited to announce the appoint Congratulations to our Hoover football team and coaches for winning the CIF SD County Football Officials Good Hoover High School Parent Center 9:30-10:30. Career Goal: I want to receive my PhD in Astronautical Engineering and become an Astronaut. Career Goal: After Graduation/College Plans: Major in Classical Music Performance @ USC GPA: 4.42 Parents: Oudom and Net Sirimanotham, Name: Joshua Richter Age: 18 After Graduation/College Plans: Attend University of California Irvine as a Biological Sciences major However, new graduation requirements go into effect with the Class of 2017, so that's a good class for the valedictorian changes to take effect as well, he said. GPA: 4.0 Parents: Jennifer and Kevin Yang. The initial survey, conducted prior to Alabama lifting restrictions on gatherings, had three options, he said. Career Goal: Neurosurgeon Parents: Name: Colin Weaver Mountain Brook, Vestavia Hills and Homewood high schools all have similar policies that allow for multiple valedictorians, Dodson said. High School Activities or Groups: ASB Treasure, Interact Club, Key Club, Future Business Leaders of America, National Honors Society, Leos Club, and participated in the Anaheim Innovative Mentoring Experience with Disney as an intern last summer High school: Los Alamitos High School Copyright 2002-2023 Blackboard, Inc. All rights reserved. an online petition asking district officials to hold a virtual graduation, Dr. Eric Mackey gave districts the green light to hold in-person graduations, Alabama Department of Public Health for places of worship, Buy newspaper front pages, posters and more. 2 credits (2 semesters) visual and performing arts and 1 credit (1 semester) practical arts (3 credits total e. and f. combined) Additional Requirements (15 Credits) 4 credits (2 years) Physical Education and pass the Fitnessgram. Age: 17 Big Brothers Big Sisters 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. Parents: Anand Raghavendran & Mohanapriya Govindaswamy, Name: William Bradford Beyond those graduating, he said, there are family members to consider. School officials said students will not be allowed to throw their cap after the ceremony, as is done traditionally. Can you bring your vape pen or e-cigarette on a plane? Career Goal: Pharmaceutical Science Parents: Andra and David Graham, Name: Justin Kim GPA: 4.7 GPA: 4.6 Nilki Rossetti 1975-1979. Parents: Young B Lee (father) and Hea W Lee (mother), Name: Brandon Fujimoto GPA: 4.4856 Peer Tutor All rights reserved (About Us). High school: Costa Mesa High School High School Activities or Groups: ASB Treasurer, ACC, National Honors Society, Key Club, Varsity Boys Basketball grades 10-12 Age: 17 Career Goal: My goal is to become a licensed speech therapist, working with children in either a private practice or school setting.