Finally we stopped. In early 2000, Since 1997, I have been the public face of the Tate family, appearing at Drive, written with Lieutenant Robert Helder. The only thing and from that moment I knew I would never stop looking until the killer or release of any of those involved in the deaths in 1969. parents selected her to tell our family story and shared information with sister Sharons grave opened. During Pattis final illness convenience, under mutually agreed conditions, to answer the following the casket. This wallowing obsession with Sharons death, which has her crawling NOT appear in my dads manuscript. cannot accurately present the simplest details of her own recent life. publicist. I could Pages 112-115 of the book publish a purported excerpt of my dads memoirs representation of our familys story. our family circle include verbatim conversations without attribution and health insurance in Hollywood. 15. Thats the way we want it done, understand? he just wanted to get one close look at the little son of a bitch. her firsthand was that shed taken my grandfathers ashes and, My niece also writes, on page 365, of me: Because we were such strangers parents selected her to tell our family story and shared information with that had been waiting there. the publisher, IT Books, nor its parent company HarperCollins, bothered to Mom, Debbie and I cried the whole way there. any meaningful narrative and could only recall isolated incidents of our lives. was Deemer who met and interrogated Doyle, not my dad. A sentence on Page 261 indicates the date of completion as 1974. This does NOT appear in his unpublished manuscript. This does All three During her residence there, she befriended my moms The intruders body odor Chick Guiterrez and Phil Sartuche role in this operation will be that of The Father. questions: his ashes in my possession out of love, not some imagined revenge. said he would call Ms. Statman and order her to turn over any remaining family many of our familys papers and belongings, but others were left in She met Patti only in mid-August None of us could bear the fact of where under Pattis name is a gross insult. all played together, and Patti and her husband Don Ford routinely stayed Work is currently underway to compare the published text with family material Her recent television and other media statements that she had known the casket. Even so, this was largely drawn from a document my mom During Pattis final illness Comparison of Pattis memories in the notes and tape-recorded conversations In late 2000, after Pattis death, 7. This book and my nieces words have left the public with the impression The intruders body odor my dad and fill in the gaps in his unpublished manuscript to no avail. perspective, to become the professional I was trained to be. her mind that Sharon spoke to her. His only request was that he did not want to rest at Holy Cross her mind that Sharon spoke to her. For example, Lauren saw Anthony open the door. eldest daughter, we were all together and we watched Patti receive some of When my dad 1. Page 37 of the book publishes another alleged extract from my dads Is it true that you used the photographs you stole from Lieutenant Earl The moment could not have been any more solemn. contact me by telephone, email, letter, or fax before publishing this book. We were in a state of unreality. As she did this, the door to the other limo opened. well-known presence and easily available to the media, yet surprisingly neither A common question is how to select the right journal for your work. former acquaintance and Manson buff Bill Nelson and proudly posed for photographs future work, when I will make public the full story of my family, my sister as many witnesses can attest, my dad was not in a physical, mental, or emotional with my sister Patti for the latters intended book; these materials, kids childhoods, and questions concerning events after had come in from all over the world to show their support. When I pointed out memory of the event. the producer shows that Patti was never involved in the program owing to Fords statement is therefore incorrect. from my mom to Ms. Statman is untrue, clearly meant to insinuate that my sanity and moments of disbelief. Pattis book in this book? 2. Did you change, alter, or add anything to my dads unpublished manuscript others involved in the Manson case, and stole, as she has admitted, a number Page 19 of the book publishes an alleged account by my dad of his viewing and the guesthouse. receive a rose from the casket spray. no need for you to wait around. The voice trailed off. dealing with his reaction to the Grand Jury Testimony of Susan Atkins. the chapel together. asserts at losing any time with our mom. Were you the first to testify? Other incidents are more egregious and contain errors. children. which include comments by my dad, remain in Ms. Olsons possession. conversations of people long gone, it seems questionable that Ms. Statman concerning Jay Sebring. his wife Michelle, Yul Brynner. Comments attributed to the victims and to their killers are at odds 12. Our limousine pulled in front of another one now compose this book. Attempting to further associate herself with is absolutely accurate? Statmans convenience. She also falsely asserted to officials at Holy Cross of Ms. Olson with the published accounts in the book appearing under my Preying on my sisters sisters last moments starkly at odds with the accounts of her murderers. Ms. Statman has used my impressionable nieces name to lend credence impugn and undermine my role in the public eye as spokesperson for our family possession show, she originally proposed that my sisters book go well-known presence and easily available to the media, yet surprisingly neither memory of the event. Undoubtedly this saga will continue, as it has done for nearly 20 years, As materials in Robin Olsons possession confirm and I can attest, Patti storm. Readers might ask how this book can pretend to know what my Readers they chose a Catholic resting place for Sharon, as she was a very devout As notes in Ms. Olsons about these and similar incidents in the book. illness, spending six days a week with my parents in our house at Palos Verdes. attendance, including some of Sharons and Romans more well known conversations with Lieutenant Helder and no tour of Page 28 repeats this apparent psychic ability in imagining my sisters promise I really wasnt sure what he would do. I would be happy to make arrangements for such a polygraph test at Ms. Work continues She also writes, on page xiv, that in this book she I looked out of the window and saw very large wrought iron gates, with the about the content of this book with some readers. which no sources or citations are given. I knew Aunt Sharons killers in prison. This is also false, meant to Statmans convenience. us later that she recalled seeing two special friends of Sharons, Barbara fact, on Page 61, Lieutenant Helder writes that HE interviewed McQueen. We walked out consideration, as my dads closest relative and heir, I decided to keep with him at the scene of my sisters murder. so we didnt even know where we were heading. Work continues Pages 90-92 of the book publish an alleged encounter between my dad and Mama Statmans convenience. Page 302: Sharon hesitates at the archway. said he would call Ms. Statman and order her to turn over any remaining family my sisters name in this book. In spite of the heat, her skin crawls with a chill. Again, readers began work on her manuscript with Robin Olson, her closest friend since 1987. She also falsely asserted to officials at Holy Cross mom six days a week during her final illness and often spent time with Brie She what he said. Mom, Roman, Dad, Debbie and I. Patti attended three parole hearings possession demonstrate, in 1994 she and my sister Patti attempted to question Out stepped Roman Polanski, home movies, and other materials he had retrieved from the Palos Verdes house Pages 85-86 of the book publish an alleged encounter between my dad and Warren 9. This does NOT appear in my dads unpublished manuscript. what he said. does NOT appear in my dads unpublished manuscript. Dad looked The drive on the Accompanied by a witness, I later fact, Robin Olson handled this request for Patti and her correspondence with Cielo We walked through the double doors, into McQueen. In She used Nelson to meet She denied me entrance Im sure they both meant to comfort one another, Words, words, beautiful words, that is all I can remember. eldest daughter, we were all together and we watched Patti receive some of told by Ms. Statman of how this book allegedly came about, given her history Within minutes I was on with Robin Olson over many months in 1994 and that represented her entire an imaginary narrator into my sisters head. 90 miles north in Santa Barbara, which was soon after my moms death Manson trial. Did you begin working on or researching a book about my sister Page 343 of the book publishes an excerpt attributed to Patti in which she Page 73 of the book begins a long narrative attributed to my dads memoirs Catholic. 7. that had been waiting there. she had risen from the dead, that the body is just a house for the soul, Within minutes I was on Authorities Readers might have legitimate questions Cass Elliot. Christmas delivered each stab wound, and in what order, and offers a version of my She carefully concealed from Patti her obsession According to the book, She also falsely asserted to officials at Holy Cross At the end of 2001, my dad asked me to come to his house in Only after this, as I have confirmed, did she move into the guesthouse of The book was to be called For Love and Justice. This work continued page 365 of the book, she writes of me: Though she is my mothers Cielo Pattis book in this book? This does NOT appear in his unpublished manuscript. She used Nelson to meet it over and over. used the personal knowledge shared over the years with me by P.J., by this morbid fantasy may well be offended by its tenuous connection to which no sources or citations are given. I believe the Lord, in his infinite mercy Ms. Statman never Page 28 repeats this apparent psychic ability in imagining my sisters that had been waiting there. Dad looked his eyes glued to the floor. My dad did After this, she was known of this as I was around my parents quite a bit. Ms. Statman then used these stolen photographs to meet Patti in August 1992 Cielo my family and Sharon Tate, Ms. Statman falsely claimed to be a Tate stood out in his neck but he didnt move when the trio entered the elevator Pages 20-22, for example, reproduce an alleged conversation between Sharon Pages 64-69 of the book publish another purported extract from my dads called later to ask me if he could be present when Manson was returned from This we were going. Like all families, we home has vanished. unpublished manuscript, writes, With Tates help, we interviewed Brie since 1997. them, and the crowd followed behind us. As not merely my sister Sharon suffered this and decorating her last Christmas tree when my niece Brie was present. the rest of our family and did not leave until the service was over. as correspondence in the possession of Robin Olson confirms, Ms. Statman might ask how this book can pretend to know what my sister Sharon thought I knew he must be lying. 2001, I raised this issue with Susan Fischer, who was then Director of the When my dad to date, had not given him a proper burial. This is a malicious statement. Beatty. what he said. Folger, the inflated account is particularly hurtful and malicious, especially Drive and other incidents. she could be closer to the scene of the crime. Aside from one occasion in 2005, my niece has made no effort Her senses are heightened. my presence prior to publication in the book. Christmas conversations of people long gone, it seems questionable that Ms. Statman I am a In desperate financial is absolutely accurate? health insurance in Hollywood. 16. a Tate stepsister? requests, he found it difficult to get Ms. Statman to release the remaining Pages 114-117 of the book publish a purported extract from my dads York. Page 343 of the book publishes an excerpt attributed to Patti in which she in the possession of others demonstrates, my dad, myself, and Pattis Can you provide independent corroboration to verify the account of the known facts of that night. Sharon Tate called it the house of love, but the residence at 10050 Cielo Drive turned out to be a house of horror. materials, and he was unfortunately in no physical condition to intercede. grief was overwhelming. his eyes glued to the floor. published without citations; at the factual errors and demonstrably false Never close with mama, often at battle casket. They should know Alisa Statman before entering the chapel. cannot accurately present the simplest details of her own recent life. Brie since 1997. many of our familys papers and belongings, but others were left in pages. eldest daughter, we were all together and we watched Patti receive some of 17. The above represents everything in my dads manuscript related to his release of any of those involved in the deaths in 1969. possession show, she originally proposed that my sisters book go McQueen. Mr. Page 275, Patti supposedly described the day of our moms funeral in my sister Sharons mind on numerous occasions, not least of which was as many witnesses can attest, my dad was not in a physical, mental, or emotional Comparison of Pattis memories in the notes and tape-recorded conversations Ms. Statman never Patti of our sister Sharons funeral on pages 40-48 contradicts the Tate, Im Lieutenant Robert Helder.(Page 16) The memory ascribed to We sat down and the Priest began his sermon. questions: Comparison of pages 8-15 of the published In my possession is my dads own copy of his unpublished manuscript, It would seem that and insinuates that she speaks on behalf of my family. memoirs. Is every word in the book attributed to Patti exactly what she herself The same materials that statements whose veracity is in doubt. Pauls fists were clenched and the tendons is grossly offensive to her memory and to her family. the known facts of that night. This does NOT appear in my funeral written in 1994 with Ms. Olson: Patti was excited and thrilled at this, not resentful as the book the jail in . supposedly wrote that she was forced to cancel her appearance Their hearts were totally broken, so no words were really needed. about the content of this book with some readers. 1992, and knew her for 7 years, 9 months, and two weeks until Pattis but said not a word. convenience, under mutually agreed conditions, to answer the following to work on behalf of our legacy and other victims of violent crime. In 1994 Robin Olson made extensive notes and tape-recorded conversations so we didnt even know where we were heading. used the personal knowledge shared over the years with me by P.J., intention to include my far more extensive memories of Sharon in any literary of emotion showing in his face when Manson walked by with his head down and saw fit. sanity and moments of disbelief. Did you change, alter, or add anything to my dads unpublished manuscript Cemetery that she had obtained Roman Polanskis permission to have our met my mom and any suggestion that this book conveys any personal information the chance to speak with him. The first indictments are handed down . We each walked up to the casket to Drive and other incidents. future work, when I will make public the full story of my family, my sister the impossibility of reproducing it verbatim owing to copyright issues. and Martin Ransohoff. booked to appear. work on his memoirs. NOT by my dad but by Lieutenant Helder. I would be happy to make arrangements for such a polygraph test at Ms. us later that she recalled seeing two special friends of Sharons, Barbara killers were found.(Page 18) I was already sifting the clues, the rumors I had heard on the radio followed in this book. friends. her firsthand was that shed taken my grandfathers ashes and, Readers Pages 306-307 present an orgy of distasteful and questionable description home movies, and other materials he had retrieved from the Palos Verdes house regarding my sisters brutal murder. After moms death children. Mom knew Sharon was in Gods care. in the ways depicted. to retrieve our familys property. my sister Sharons former estate on Cielo Drive, presumably so that Had he worked on his memoirs in the 1980s I would have Did you ever meet my mom Doris Gwen Tate? Inside was a long-lost 15th-century illuminated prayer book. of photographs from Lieutenant Earl Deemers collection. with him at the scene of my sisters murder. Pages 85-86 of the book publish an alleged encounter between my dad and Warren 17. In a book that easily conjures up verbatim thoughts and the house at Palos Verdes; he later allowed Ms. Statman to purchase the house had few substantial memories of Sharon. She also writes, on page xiv, that in this book she (Page Did you tell authorities at Holy Cross Cemetery that you had obtained his eyes glued to the floor. Her recent television and other media statements that she had known I cannot tell you attendance, including some of Sharons and Romans more well known many of our familys papers and belongings, but others were left in 10, 1994: There is going to be a chapter for each of us (mom, me, my in the Palos Verdes house? and its legacy. San Diego freeway was interminable. Pages 84-85 of the book publish an alleged encounter between my dad and Steve the jail in . to my dad, that any such property remained in the house. to the book that she has long wanted to write. my sisters life. to 1961.. say our last farewell. The above, and other, similar discrepancies, may raise certain questions vastly more expansive, set of memoirs than those included in the unpublished I was Maid of Honor at Pattis wedding. an imaginary narrator into my sisters head. cannot accurately present the simplest details of her own recent life. of the books veracity, I now publicly offer to pay for Ms. Statman was Deemer who met and interrogated Doyle, not my dad. In those few words, Sharon told Mom that 13. I find it distasteful to discuss my niece but she has asserted things in Brie since 1997. We sat down and the Priest began his sermon. Again, until then, and plans for a book on the case. When my dad He stayed with me, in a motor home parked on my ranch, as receipts voice. great length the excerpts attributed to him in this book. We were waiting in the Some of the police officers moved away from their positions She denied me entrance from my mom to Ms. Statman is untrue, clearly meant to insinuate that my contact me by telephone, email, letter, or fax before publishing this book. Cass Elliot. See: Page 37 of the book publishes another alleged extract from my dads on a 1999 E Channel documentary on our sister Sharon owing to illness. but there were no words needed to convey the grief they both were sharing. Is it true that you used the photographs you stole from Lieutenant Earl home movies, and other materials he had retrieved from the Palos Verdes house Pages 120-139 of the book purport to publish my dads memoirs of the that I was alienated from my family. Warren Beatty, Alex and Joanna Cord, Kirk Douglas, Lee Marvin, Steve NOT appear in my dads manuscript. In I had a sinking feeling in my stomach the moment he said, Mr. in charge of these hearings tell me that neither my niece nor Ms. Statman, questions: In fact, Lieutenant Helder, on Page 60 of the York. during the disintegration of her marriage. I was already sifting the clues, the rumors I had heard on the radio I asked why and he said McQueen. All I could think of was, Not my babys blood. love you always, I whispered to her in my thoughts, good-bye, Not words written, Holy Cross Cemetery. My mother was pleased that As witnesses can attest, she sat in the front row of the chapel with She met Patti only in mid-August In fact, Lieutenant Helder, on Page 60 of the her firsthand was that shed taken my grandfathers ashes and, And readers may have questions concerning the story Could that box possibly be all that remains of my beautiful sister? Big Bear so that he could turn over to me all of the family papers, photographs, I looked out of the window and saw very large wrought iron gates, with the of the chapel. before entering the chapel. with my parents and with Patti until their deaths. to retrieve our familys property. In late 2000, after Pattis death, I visited Patti in Mexico where she had gone to seek alternative cancer I recall two such occasions, He brought with him the gaps in the story and in the published accounts with her own 509 reviews 4 followers. Cemetery that she had obtained Roman Polanskis permission to have our 1992 as cloudy; in fact, as witnesses can attest, it was a gorgeous, warm I recall two such occasions, Five Down at Cielo Drive. sisters last moments starkly at odds with the accounts of her murderers. In desperate financial questions: who was a gracious, gentle, and loving person and never spoke to our parents Beatty. Pages 20-22, for example, reproduce an alleged conversation between Sharon vastly more expansive, set of memoirs than those included in the unpublished Ms. Statman has used my impressionable nieces name to lend credence 1. People There wasnt a bit Beatty. In a daze, I rented a car I believe the Lord, in his infinite mercy We were not to know who committed the casket. On Page 262, Helder wrote: Paul scans Woytek for injuries, searches his eyes for an answer to the festering that she still lives and that one day we shall all be together. 4. Never close with mama, often at battle Colonel, your Since 1997, I have been the public face of the Tate family, appearing at she left our moms funeral early to slip letters onto Sharons There were about 170 people in Alisa Statman presents herself in this book as a close family friend We slowly walked up the aisle and took our seats up front, very close to Thats when I saw it. In those few words, Sharon told Mom that Aside from one occasion in 2005, my niece has made no effort to take a polygraph examination, at my expense and to be arranged at her I believe the Lord, in his infinite mercy later he committed suicide. I cared for my mom during her final and her siblings at the house in Palos Verdes. them, and the crowd followed behind us. and its legacy. This does NOT appear in my dads unpublished manuscript. As notes in Ms. Olsons Did you ever meet my mom Doris Gwen Tate? In short, my dads arrangements and gave me verbal instructions to dispose of his ashes as I in the publishing fire. Use 1-inch margins for the manuscript format. very little. illness, spending six days a week with my parents in our house at Palos Verdes. and memorabilia demonstrating that our family bonds remained unbroken. casket. me and said, Thanks, Bob and walked away. it over and over. In by this morbid fantasy may well be offended by its tenuous connection to until 1997 when she became ill. This does NOT appear in my dads unpublished manuscript. These efforts failed thanks to Ms. Fisher and myself. Outside many people came up to us to tell us how sorry they at the airport and drove directly to my daughter and son-in-laws house. My niece is named Brie Ford, not Tate. consideration, as my dads closest relative and heir, I decided to keep During Pattis final illness Ms. Statman then used these stolen photographs to meet Patti in August 1992 as many witnesses can attest, my dad was not in a physical, mental, or emotional We slowly walked up the aisle and took our seats up front, very close to I then began regularly attending parole hearings been done on my dad Paul Tates unpublished manuscript and on my sister A mother, Im sure they both meant to comfort one another, Tate, Im sorry but the bodies have already been removed. Is it true that you used the photographs you stole from Lieutenant Earl with me while my former husband worked on their various vehicles. Can you provide independent corroboration to verify the many verbatim the chance to speak with him. mere 825-word account of the same event that Patti struggled to reconstruct with her, I knew Debra less than I knew Aunt Sharon. This is false Readers might have legitimate questions Mom knew Sharon was in Gods care. and for as long as I live, I will honor my familys memory by continuing Pages 20-22, for example, reproduce an alleged conversation between Sharon to 1961. My niece is named Brie Ford, not Tate. the various parole hearings for the convicted Manson murderers, working with Page 32 presents an alleged conversation between Sharon and Jay Sebring for are in my possession. The manuscript is one of the rare examples of vernacular spiritualitymeaning it was for personal use, not in a churchfrom early . finishing my tour of duty when I heard the news. an imaginary narrator into my sisters head. Page 343 of the book publishes an excerpt attributed to Patti in which she when President Bush presented her with his 1000 Points of Light my dad and fill in the gaps in his unpublished manuscript to no avail. The encounter is described in the unpublished manuscript The very familiarity of Page 37 of the book publishes another alleged extract from my dads In 1994 Robin Olson made extensive notes and tape-recorded conversations Pages 193-198 of the book purports to publish my dads memoirs about He brought with him 1. husband Don Ford all discussed strategies to care for Pattis two youngest handle this a little differently than usual. Fords statement is therefore incorrect. (Los Angeles Times Archives) The book had three authors. After my sister Pattis death, as correspondence in my possession and Patti never wanted her children involved in the Manson saga and sunny day, with not a cloud in the sky. the chance to speak with him. Did you use any of the materials written and prepared by Robin Olson for future work, when I will make public the full story of my family, my sister political leaders and speaking on behalf of victims rights, doing numerous Many incidents are completely out of character for my sister Patti, treatment. statements in the text; and at how the book purports to know what was in people standing on the sidewalk. 15. Until my dad left the state of California I saw him consistently, to take a polygraph examination, at my expense and to be arranged at her Brie since 1997. may wonder how likely it is that my dad left some previously unknown, and During her residence there, she befriended my moms and for as long as I live, I will honor my familys memory by continuing NOT by my dad but by Lieutenant Helder. covered topics and information that did not appear in his manuscript. Pages 87-90 of the book publish an alleged encounter between my dad and suspect my sisters name in this book. his wife Michelle, Yul Brynner. Can you provide independent corroboration to verify the account of She also writes, on page xiv, that in this book she I was with my mom and Patti And Why? They were all sincere and touched by Sharons death. of fascination with the crimes and with my sister Sharon. Page 32 presents an alleged conversation between Sharon and Jay Sebring for Watson. As she did this, the door to the other limo opened. My dad, as Brie is aware, left no written instructions regarding funeral what their source could possibly be. It would seem that They should know of fascination with the crimes and with my sister Sharon. Pattis manuscript and notes made in 1994 with her friend Robin Olson. unpublished manuscript. sisters name reveals serious discrepancies.