More purchase . Rate. Those two make the show unwatchable. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. How could we improve it? A sudden temperature plunge cuts Adam and Evan's bear hunt sh . At the onset of the 100 days in the wild, the only sense of structure that the group will have is from couple Andrew and Jennifer. Oliver's refusal to help prep fish is the last straw for Andrew and Jennifer, so the outpost founders push the others to force Oliver out. . Andrew and Jennifer wanted a main base camp that everyone would live at and would be at most of the time. 100 Days Wild. Jennifer and Andrew, not so much. 100 Days Wild Season 1 (12) 2020 TV-14. As far as I could see, everyone was working on their assigned tasks, and steadily tightening their belts while the disappointed couple, stayed in their cozy cabin and ate the best of the food, slimming down exactly none. Rate. Usually, when your livelihood is on the line, you want to be around people you know and trust. In an interview with RADIO.COM, Frye detailed his experience and even described the dangers of living in the wilderness - including one that wasn't caught on camera. Shouldnt they have had enough homes for everyone when they arrived at base camp? Apparently, the land does not have a legal claim made by Andrew & Jessica. On the Discovery Channel's latest survival reality series, 100 Days Wild, seven strangers will attempt to forge a self-sufficient colony out in the 49th state in the beginning of winter. They are definitely NOT leaders in any way. Sort of sloppy work from the discovery channel. I was excited about this show but the first episode was perhaps the most disappointing premiere I've ever watched. 10 Things You Didnt Know about 100 Days Wild, Why You Should Be Watching Wu-Tang Clan: Of Mics and Men, Jane the Virgin Season 2 Episode 7 Review: Chapter Twenty-Nine, Orange is the New Black 2.12-2.13 Review: It Was the Change/We Have Manners. mile sled trail to return for provisions. If they wanted the group to bond, why the plan for 4 camps? Andrew and Jennifer will be guiding the others around the Tanana Valley, which is a remote lowland spit in the middle of the state. Not having that familiarity definitely adds an interesting dynamic to the show. Videos. They, I guess, originally started this project to make a community. 3. I think that is what is bothering Andrew and Jennifer. They're entitled and lazy and not the kind of people a community grows around. . Reply CrankyRobby . Discovery has announced and set a premiere date for '100 Days Wild,' a new series . 99% of the other people are self reliant. 20 Aug. 2020 Off Grid & Under Pressure. Im familiar with the show but who made these two leaders? But the wording in Christines Facebook posts suggests that even if the community did turn out to be successful, she no longer lives there. Really it's better for them if it failed because now these guys have come out and built what it would have taken these two lazy individuals 10 years to do. Adam Frye is back home in virginia. Adam and Evan join Oliver on a nearby claim, leading to a final confrontation with Andrew. 100 Days Wild (2020- ) Episode List. Under pressure to catch a moose, Andrew and Gerrid must also contend with Oliver's stubbornness. 100 Days Wild season 1 will premiere on August 21, 2020, on Discovery at 9 pm ET/PT. They want to control the community. They must band together to forge a self-sustaining colony, which is governed by their own rules. The show follows the group on their journey which, as you can guess, has more than its share of difficult moments. Andrew and Jennifer wanted a main base camp that everyone would live at and would be at most of the time. S1, Ep0. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I also get the feeling she doesn't trust others unless they go along with her ideas. Thank Goodness it ends next week. Distractify talked about the people who lead the new venture in Alaska. The seven persons featured in season 1 have never met each other. Jennifer- POS with no true skills, I would guess piggybacking off of Andrew for previous years survival. 27 January 2020. That long haired hippie drama queen annoys the shit out of me too. '100 Days Wild' Star Adam Frye Reveals the Big Moment That Wasn't Caught on Camera, Featured Image Photo Credit: 100 Days Wild. Metacritic Reviews, Really entertaining show. Viewers can additionally stream the show by downloading the Discovery GO app. No community will get far with her and Andrew's unwillingness to be open-minded to different ideas. All they do is go out on that boat and catch dead fish and we can't forget complain about everything. According to The Cinemaholic, however, There are emergency evacuation plans and teams on standby to lend a hand if the participants run into any emergency situation.. Cast member Christine McGuigan, who is referred to as the "hippie" of the group, confirmed on Facebook that she went to Alaska for the show in the fall of 2019. For two people that supposedly live there why is it that they know what the fishing is like but continue to catch dead fish just so they can have something else to complain about. They are soon joined by Adam, Oliver, Gerrid, Christine, and Evan to build the lives they haven't been able to make in the lower 48. They just want for people to do what they want, when they want, and how they want it done. They have it in their heads that they are the only ones doing anything for themselves. Lastly, he's fair. Loved season 1 of 100 days wild. 100 Days Wild - Das Survival-Abenteuer: Getrennte Wege. We need to see more. The show has since been canceled. Andrew and Jennifer are abandoned at base camp. Prior to the show's inception, they built an outpost, which is completely off the grid. Reply . Live in California? That is important in Alaska. Andrew and Jennifer are horrible people . Seven strangers are giving up the comforts of the modern world in an attempt to build a self-sustaining community in the Alaskan wilderness in 100 Days Wild. Adam and Evan join Oliver on a nearby claim, leading to a final confrontation with Andrew. They can't lead anything but each other into more negativity. Members. How did Jennifer and Andrew decide the concept of community can be tight if living quarters are 10 to 15 miles apart through the wild of brush and snow? Awards Rate. I love the rest of the cast and what they bring to the group. What else have they done? Followers 13. Oliver is an very individualistic person, and while he doesn't find it easy to get along with people, he can be made a part of a community with the right distance, respect, and kindness. They are faced with people who aren't doing what they expected. Hopeless contestants who all would tap out on day one if on Alone. If they wanted everyone to pitch in on every project, they should have built a condo. You two are a disgrace to that way of life. All Rights Reserved. They got mad about putting the boats away? Joining Jennifer and Andrew are five new survivalists Adam, Oliver, Gerrid, Christine, and Evan. They have been on the search for other people interested in the lifestyle so they can all work together to build a self-sustaining community. Oliver's refusal to help prep fish is the last straw for Andrew and Jennifer, so the outpost founders push the others to force Oliver out. Once the harsh weather sets in, egalitarian ideals are quickly tested. August 23, 2020 9:00 pm. Ridiculous plan. Why exactly did you pick that era to stay in? with Purchase of Little Giant 17' Ladder - NOW $30 OFF. Whatever she says, goes. I was laying in my bag and behind me a glow of orange kind of intensified, and outside, my shelter had caught on fire, he continued. Andrew- Alpha male, without the backbone. And we could not be more excited! Ofcourse they live in a nicely built cabin while the rest of the community lives in tents and quickly built stick homes. . They also arent the first people to be featured in a Discovery show about it. This would be the hub from what I can put together. 100 Days Wild premieres August 21 at 9pm ET/PT on Discovery Channel. Amidst the many real experiences Frye encountered, another challenge was making sure everyone had enough food. "100 Days Wild'' premiered last . . How would you rate this article? Rate. In 100 Days Wild, we understand that Andrew and Jennifer are the only people who know each other and have their off-grid outpost. Per the trailer for the series, one of the group members is an Army vet, another is a self-described mountain man, one is a salesman, and a fourth is a homesteader. 100 Days Wild throws the limelight on a new generation of survivalists who have taken the brave decision of leaving their homes and embracing a new life on a vast expanse of Alaska. For five years, Jennifer and Andrew have been looking to find individuals who would be interested in creating their own community in the region. Also, I'm not in favor of the trapping. This would be the hub from what I can put together. Producers are always eager to highlight such moments in the show, which might come as disagreements about setting up their off-grid society. The pair know that new people bring fresh ideas and innovative skills, but the founders have their own rules and expectations of how to live in this unforgiving environment. When it comes to Andrew and Jennifer they're like a lot of people in general. A sudden temperature plunge cuts Adam and Evan's bear hunt sh. Adam and Evan are great. Extremely frustrating to watch them call the one guy building everything selfish. Rate. Frye, who joined the Army at age 18 and was later deployed to Guantanamo Bay and Kosovo, reveals that the experience led him to a place where he was able to really prioritize during his time in Alaska as well as prepare him for the coronavirus pandemic. It's a great show that really questions what the meaning of "community" Is and how the leadership should be directed as well as all the drama that follows because of it. Rate. Finally, we come to the challenges itself where they have to gather food and resources while setting up a societal system necessary for survival. 100 Days Wild premieres August 21 at 9pm ET/PT on Discovery Channel. :). When outpost founders Andrew and Jennifer take control of the food supply, it's the last straw for Adam. Location. Drove me nuts when he sighted in his rifle and it was 6 inches above the bullseye and he said good enough. Jennifer and Andrew have devoted their time to searching for like-minded people who can help them in building a self-sustaining colony in the last frontier. I am so glad they all decided to leave. Ive actually googled his techniques and was blown away at all the useful things he was teaching the kid helping him. In 2015, Discovery debuted a show called The Last Alaskans which had a somewhat similar concept. Release Calendar Top 250 Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets Movie News India Movie Spotlight. A Facebook post from cast member, Christine McGuigan, says Last fall I was gone for a few months, my first time in Alaska doing this Discovery TV series that starts next week. "Last fall I was gone for a few months, my first time in Alaska doing this Discovery TV series that starts next week. The three biggest items that saved my life were my life jacket, the fire kit that I had in my life jacket, and my sleeping bag, he said. Jennifer and Andrew welcome new members to their nomadic community. It's not going to be a contest to see if 100 Days can prep you for a Wild winter. You know those threads are pulled so tight that whatever she's making is going to be a mess. And, months after filming their 10 episodes, what the Alone Season 3 cast is doing now shows they are still pushing themselves, even after going through unimaginable conditions in Patagonia. Led by couple Andrew and Jennifer, the group must also deal with the social stresses of their new living situation, and having to take directions from one another. Not only are the cast members on the show strangers, but they come from a variety of backgrounds and levels of experience when it comes to living out in the wild. The two are the ones who decided to create the group, and they're the only members who have met before. Hes got no food and no real weapon to collect any. And I feel Oliver could have grown given a chancehe was a character. Andrew spewed that Community word repeatedly to his hero worshiping wife, while she hung on his every word, but he never said what he wanted anyone to change. 3. Rogue Rage. I don't think that they mean that they don't want people going to see Adam and Evan but more about where people are building things and developing things. Add Image. These are my thoughts, a lot of flaws in the show. Mosley tribes Lyndel . And then you would add whatever protein source you had whether it be fish, squirrel, grouse, goose, beaver, hare, etc. Despite all of the challenges Frye faced, he revealed that his past experiences set him up for success. Sorry but I am hooked on it. I did not like Andrew or Jennifer, but I hope they continue with at least the other 5. Evan- submissive, go with the flow and do what is asked. "Regardless of how it turns out, this experience was possibly the best decision I've ever made and has started a whole new and exciting chapter in my life, I feel I am exactly where I'm meant to be, and for that I am so grateful.". I hope Andrew and Jennifer don't bum him out with their leadership non skills. They are greedy, lazy and just take from others while trying to starve the people who actually work. It's kind of crazy they keep talking about how the others don't understand the idea of community; kind of the pot calling the kettle black. When outpost founders Andrew and Jennifer take control of the food supply, it's the last straw for Adam. LOVE THE SHOW IF ANDREW AND JENNIFER WERE GONE, Great show if they removed Andrew & Jennifer. In addition to watching the show on Discovery, viewers can stream 100 DAYS WILD by downloading the Discovery GO app. Weitere Folgen von 100 Days Wild - Das Survival-Abenteuer: Fr 03.03. The crew only has 100 days to work together to hunt for food, gather essentials, and build shelters before the brutal, Arctic freeze. A sudden temperature plunge cuts Adam and Evan's bear hunt short. I've had to pull a canoe up with as much energy at a place I paid to get out on the river Andrew & Jennifer. Jennifer appears to be someone who majored in "survival" and made the Dean's List. b/c she also knows "everything" and also seems quite miserable. Year: 2020. Copyright 2023 Distractify. Any community requires leaders. If you like Lord of the Flies, and its dynamics of how the wilderness can bring out the wild side in us, then the Discovery Channel show is right up your alley. For example, one cast member is a homesteader while another sells sports equipment. Its like the Amish. Evan, Christine and Gerrid. Oliver's refusal to help prep fish is the last straw for Andrew and Jennifer .